Self-exploration: Take imaginary trips during a quarantine
“Travel sparks our imagination, feeds our curiosity, and reminds us how much we all have in common.”
In such a difficult pandemic situation, it is a bit of a challenge to relate to this quote; however, the good news is that there are plenty of opportunities to spark our imagination, feed our curiosity virtually with a little creativity. It is crucial to keep in mind that the pandemic situation should not be considered an obstacle but a context that teaches us to appreciate what we have, help others, and re-establish our values. People who are passionate about travelling, or that’s what they live on, are used to their life being in constant change, and there is no permanence as such in their lives. A traveller becomes exceptionally flexible and quickly reacts and adapts to novel situations. An experienced traveller can evaluate a problem and see the best he/she can get out of it. A traveller learns to be grateful, humble, patient, and open-minded. We need these qualities more than ever in these unprecedented times.
Whenever we are travelling, we tend to lose sight of time. One might have the same feeling in the quarantine. No matter how challenging this situation is, we have to think about making life happier during the quarantine period. Some people might realize that they can work from home, some people understand the power of love and family, the house with a garden becomes more important, not to mention that our Earth can breathe again.
People may realize their potential and find their path during the quarantine. I am sure we will all be able to grab our backpack and hit the road again soon.
In the meantime, check out these tips that will “take you” to beautiful places or push you to be more creative in a split second.
- There are plenty of online platforms and traveller groups where you can share your thoughts on certain places alongside your personal experiences. Moreover, you can attach photos and videos that help you refresh your mind too. The View from my Window Facebook group enables you to post an image through your window and check people’s views worldwide. This gives you a unique perspective on countries and places.
- DIY: Thinking about preserving your travel memories? Use this free time to organize your memories.
Utilize photobook software and get the photo collection shipped directly to your door. Find all the details in the article below.
- Read travel books and fuel your imagination
- Did you know that you can easily convert your living room into a famous landmark? You can find similar wallpapers related to architecture, flowers, maps, abstract, sport, music, patterns and themes, films, retro, vintage, people, moods, and graffiti. Here is an exhaustive collection of monuments and famous places.
- Take virtual museum, art gallery and theatre tours
- All Road leads to Rome- Rewatch the all-time favourite “Roman Holiday” during the quarantine period. The review speaks for itself.
- Listen to music from all over the globe that will make you feel connected in a somewhat disconnected world
- There’s never been a better time to plan your post-lockdown holidays. This personalized family wall planner is handy.
- They say “energy flows where attention goes.” It is essential to focus our attention on goals instead of obstacles or things we can’t control. Incorporate daily gratitude practice into your life and try to notice small things that make you feel happy. We always rush somewhere and tend to overlook the beauty of the present moment. Our world is a wonderful place and will welcome you with open arms again once the pandemic is over.